Welcome back to Homework and Horseplay! Today I am sharing our Tea Time Tuesday Pink Lady Edition. Grab a cup of tea and join us for a cozy evening.
Nature, Poem 2 by Emily Dickinson
Pink, small, and punctual,
Covert in April,
Candid in May,
Dear to the moss,
Known by the knoll,
Next to the robin
In every human soul.
Bold little beauty,
Bedecked with thee,
This week Julia made us a beautiful cake that she has named “Pink Lady“. To make your own Pink Lady cake you will need:
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake (and ingredients included on box)
- Vanilla Frosting
- Strawberry Waffy Wafer Rolls
- Pink Pearl Sprinkles (optional)
- Mix your cake batter as instructed on box.
- Pour into 2, 9-inch round cake pans and bake following the box recommendations.
- Let cakes completely cool and then remove from pans.
- Place one cake on your cake stand and frost the top. Add the other cake on top and frost the entire cake.
- Cut Waffy Wafer Rolls in half and place around the edge of your cake.
- Decorate as desired with sprinkles.
Thank you for joining us for Tea Time Tuesday Pink Lady Edition…
Did you miss our past Tea Time Tuesdays? You can find them all on my Tea Time page.